If nice days make you wish your instructor would move learning outdoors, study abroad in Costa Rica during spring semester 2016 might be the ticket for you!
Ridgewater College is a partner with Education for Global Learning (EGL) and the Instituto de Culturo y Lengua Costarricense (ICLC). Together, they are broadening experiences and perspectives for students seeking a larger view of the world.
Ridgewater’s own science instructor Lori Anderson took the Costa Rica plunge and narrowed down her top reasons she’d recommend the experience to others.
- Beautiful beaches, lush cloud forests, sunshine and warm weather are the norm!
- The families students stay with are generous, loving and supportive. They take care of all of your room and board needs and become your second family.
- Being immersed in the Spanish culture and speaking the language in daily life is the best way to learn a second language.
- Former students enjoyed the experience so much they keep in contact with their Costa Rican friends and family.
- The food is fantastic!! There are fresh fruit stands everywhere you travel and farmers’ markets that have the best of the local foods for you to sample.
- Weekend adventure opportunities are numerous, such as: zip-lining in the cloud forest canopy, ATV trails, rock climbing, white-water rafting, deep-sea fishing, and many more!
- You will see amazing wildlife like crocodiles, iguanas, monkeys (a big favorite with everyone!) and a wide variety of beautiful birds.
- Costa Rica has eight national parks with a wide variety of beautiful ecosystems: beaches, volcanos, lowland dry forests, rainforests, and cloud forests. Their love of the environment and their desire to protect biodiversity is something that will surely be passed on to you!
- ICLC’s classrooms are all outside so you can enjoy the beautiful scenery as you learn.
- ICLC’s Spanish instructors are native to Costa Rica and are able to share their love for their country and their traditions along with teaching students to become more fluent Spanish speakers.
Learn more at www.ridgewater/edu/costarica .