Yay! You’ve decided to go to college! Now it’s time to figure out how to pay for it without eating just cheesy noodles day and night. Maybe your mom or dad saved some money for you. Maybe you worked summer jobs and saved just enough for the newest phone. Or maybe you’re working…a lot… but all your money goes for grownup bills for you and your family.
Regardless of your age or situation, the majority of college students could benefit from financial aid for college. Four simple tips can get on the right track without losing all your hair!
- Regardless of what college you plan to attend, come to Ridgewater’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) workshop. Pick your session! Both help sessions will be from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. (come-and-go format).
- Willmar on Wed., April 22
- Hutchinson on Thurs., April 23
- Then register for that free help session by contacting Megan Field at
320-222-5264 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Bring the following with you:
Note: Students will need their parents’ information unless they are 24 years or older OR married OR have been legally emancipated from their guardians.
I. Parents’ and student’s W2 forms
II. Parents’ and student’s 2014 tax returns
III. Social Security cards or Alien ID#
IV. Student that are reapplying should bring their and their parents’ 4-digit FAFSA PIN
- Show up and let us help you complete – then click submit!
“Colleges have many students who wait until the last minute to complete their FAFSA, causing additional struggles when it’s time to pay tuition and buy textbooks,” said Megan Field, Ridgewater Student Success Coordinator and FAFSA event organizer. A late FAFSA submission may also cause students to miss out on opportunities to work on campus through the Federal Work-Study program. Campus supervisors can be so flexible and the jobs provide great work experience. “It is my hope that we can help students (and/or parents) by getting FAFSAs done with them ASAP.”
If you have more questions or want more information regarding financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com .